"You're not? Then why are you walking towards me talking? OH! I see, you have a bluetooth and you're talking to someone else. Gotcha. I didn't see it till just now when you pushed your hair behind your ears. Hey! What's with the attitude?"I would have no problem with the bluetooth if situations like this didn't happen as often as they do.
The bluetooth wireless headset was created to make talking on our cell phones hands free when hands need to be free. The technology of the bluetooth is pretty incredible, for it let's our entire social network be as close to us as our ears. The history of the bluetooth, as exciting as that seems can be found here. Not to mention a list of a zillion other things about the bluetooth that anyone would ever want to know, that is IF they even care.
The bluetooth headset was created for people who had jobs that required them to be on the phone while driving and/or using their hands; a brilliant idea. It also made driving a tad safer because both hands could now be on the wheel, whether it be a business call or a chat. Now-a-days though, instead of using the bluetooth for it's intended purpose, people are keeping the things in their ears at all times, walking around places like school, the supermarket, or wherever, seemingly talking to themselves. Are we as a culture so lazy that when both, got that, both of our hands are free we still can't hold our phones? It's craziness!
Bluetooth headsets come in all shapes, sizes, and colors. There's cheap, expensive, big, small, plain and/or flashy. In my research I found a list of the top and they're fancy-smancy. Also, if you don't like the color of your bluetooth you can get a customized cover to make it your own, and that's the funny thing. Even a bluetooth headset helps to define who we are and our personalities by how we customize it. For instance, about two weeks ago I was walking to class and I saw a girl wearing her bluetooth in her ear and it was pink with black and white zebra stripes. Again, crazy!
The number one thing I can't stand about the bluetooth is the fact that if you can't see it in the person's ear, you then make the mistake that they're talking to you. This happened to me once shopping at Old Navy. There was a girl shopping in the same area as myself and she kept snapping at me, or so I thought. I turned around after a minute and kind of looked at her like "are you talking to me?" and she replied with the rolling of her eyes. Confused I shook it off and kept looking through the clothing rack when she started talking to me again. I finally turned around and asked her if she was talking to me, she responded with an "uhg!" then pushed her hair behind her ears and pointed to her bluetooth. Her attitude about the misunderstanding was most unnecessary.

2 comments:
I love your blog! I feel the exact same way about blue tooth's. They are very annoying when you think someone is talking to you or themselves when walking about. They become a complete distraction and confusion and I want to rip them out of people's ears. Honestly are people that lazy to hold their phones while walking?
Bluetooth sets are only good when you're driving, otherwise they are really unnecessary and confusing. We'll probably find out in 6 months that those things give you cancer, then again, what doesn't nowadays
Post a Comment